Welcome to the Genealogical Society of Queensland (GSQ) Library Catalogue
Use the library catalogue to search the GSQ collection which covers books, serials, card indexes, microfilm, microfiche, CDs, digital documents, as well as online access to internet resources. It Includes:
- A comprehensive collection of reference material on subjects covering history, heraldry, genealogical research, vital records, etc.
- Available birth, marriage and death indexes (civil registration), together with some BMD registers prior to civil registration which are normally called Parish Registers
- A wide range of census records, post office directories and electoral rolls
- Immigration, convict and military records
- Cemetery and burial records
- An extensive collection of published family histories
- Special collections of material in unpublished or unusual format.
GSQ has an extensive library of published reference material, on all aspects of genealogy and family history, collected over many years. Our catalogue covers Queensland and other Australian states, New Zealand and the Pacific, as well as extensive holdings for the United Kingdom, Europe, and other overseas countries.
A substantial collection of Queensland resources is held, many of which are unique to GSQ through our own projects, including Queensland cemetery and funeral directors records and indexes to south east Queensland Roman Catholic parish registers.
New resources are being added to the library all the time and lists of new acquisitions are published in our quarterly Journal Generation. They are also available by selecting Lists under the GSQ logo above or the link to Newly Catalogued Items.
Use of the online catalogue enables members and other interested family historians to do their 'homework' before they visit us, and therefore single out those resources which will provide the most efficient use of their research time.